IN THE ATTECHED FILE THE PLAN IS COMPLETELY FULL WITH ALL THE PICTURES TO USE / У ФАЙЛІ ДЛЯ ЗАВАНТАЖЕННЯ ПОВНА ВЕРСІЯ З УСІМА ЕТАПАМИ, ЧАСОМ НА ВИКОНАННЯ ТА КАРТИНКАМИ
|Teacher:||Gennadii Bilous||Lesson focus: Introducing vocabulary, listening, speaking|
|Lesson #||Introducing new topic||Lesson Aim:|
|Level||Upper-intermediate/ Advanced|| |
|Age/Number of Students:||Teenagers/up to 15-16|| |
|Materials:||Textbook (handouts), a stereo, a dice|
- Hello. Today throughout the whole lesson you’re going to compete in groups. I’m going to keep score of every group member answer and at the end we are going to count the total number of points of all the groups and see who’s going to be the winner. Every bit counts, every single idea and answer, no matter how small, will be noted down so make sure you are active and work as a team. Think of the names for your teams.
The teacher divides the class into groups of 3-4 and marks any contribution to the lesson of any student.
- On the board you can see only the definition of the word which I would like you to come up with in your groups after a small discussion:
Relationship – the way in which two or more people, groups, countries, etc., talk to, behave toward and deal with each other.
- Now think and make a list of any important relationships between people that you may have during your life (e.g. teacher-student)
- So what are we going to talk today about? (RELATIONSHIPS)
- Each group is going to get a photo showing partnership between people. Think of what kind of partnership that is and the qualities needed to make them successful.
- Now listen to five people talking about their partners. Decide which one is between a composer and lyricist. Which words gave you a clue?
(find the listening attached to the lesson)
!!! Pre-teach some blocking vocab before listening (e.g. to hum, mutually supportive, rehearsal, fragile ego, to complement)
- In your groups, match the verbs (1-6) with the nouns (a-f) to form common expressions (collocations). They all appeared in the listening.
- Listen again and check if you have done it correctly.
- Check with your partners in groups. Think of the meaning/translation to get an extra point when answering in class.
Elicit/teach the word ‘dice’ and show it to students.
- Now I am going to be rolling a dice and according to the number it shows you are going to make sentences with the collocations from the previous exercise. The fastest team to make up a sensible grammatically correct sentence will get a point.
- In your groups, complete the sentences with the collocations from the previous exercises.
- It’s impossible to __________ a close__________ with somebody unless you have a lot in common.
- In any friendship, one partner is always stronger and tends to __________ __________ of the relationship.
- If you’re with a friend, it’s always OK to __________ an honest __________ .
- A friendship that has __________ a major __________ is stronger than one which has not.
- A friend will never get annoyed or upset with you for __________ constructive __________ .
- The easiest way to __________ a __________ is to ignore it and pretend that nothing is wrong.
- The last task for today is: in your groups you have to decide if you agree/disagree with the statements from the previous exercise, think of a reason for that and be ready to explain your point of view. As soon as you are ready with any of the statements, you raise your hand, I come to you and you present your arguments. If it makes sense, you get a point.
Final teacher’s summary + homework